Bring along the QuikPod Explorer II on your next trip
Has this happened to you? At the turn-around point in the hike a mountain looms behind you decorated with snowy peaks and gushing waterfalls. You’d like to take a photo with you in the scene to prove to friends that “yes, I did hike that challenging trail in Glacier National Park.” Looking around, you realize there’s no one to ask to take the picture so the opportunity is missed. Or, you pull out the QuikPod monopod that you tucked inside your backpack, extend it, attach the smartphone adapter, place the iphone or smartphone into the holder (remember you’re traveling light) and take your own photo or video. How cool is that?
I’ve been practicing with the QuikPod EXPLORER II and Mobile – Smartphone Adapter (priced at $59.84 on Amazon) so that I can use the monopod on our upcoming road trip to Vancouver Island. Here’s what I like about it:
- Folds up into a small carrying bag making the QuikPod easy to transport
- Built-in mirror guarantees that you are in the shot
- Assembles quickly so that you don’t miss that shot (the sunset won’t stay in the same spot forever)
- Waterproof construction (we’ll be using with our waterproof camera for cool underwater shots and videos)
Let me show you how it works (if you can’t see the video, click here: QuikPod Explorer II video review)
QuikPod Explorer II and Mobile Adapter Giveaway
Post a comment to tell us where you would take photos with your QuikPod. Please include your email address for contact purposes. Giveaway ends on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at 11:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time. Winner will be announced as soon as possible. According to our general contest rules, the winner must be a U.S. resident and respond within 48 hours of receiving the notification email; or we chose another winner.
Disclosure: QuickPod provided a Quik Pod Mobile Adapter and QuikPod Explorer 2 for our review and as a prize for this giveaway. The Amazon link has been included for your convenience but My Itchy Travel Feet does receive a small portion of the sale. Thanks for keeping us in business.
More 5-year-anniversary giveaways:
- Pin to Win Kuru Shoes (ends May 31, 2013)
- California Directory of Fine Wineries: Central Coast (ends May 30, 2013)
- Scottevest Travel Vest for Women (ends May 22, 2013)
- Lonely Planet Best Trips book giveaway (ends May 16, 2013)
- Kauai Trailblazer book giveway in the May newsletter (ends May 31, 2013: must subscribe to our newsletter)
- $100 TownePlace Suites Marriott gift card giveaway in the May newsletter (ends (May 31, 2013: must subscribe to our newsletter)
UPDATE: May 23, 2013, 12:00 p.m: this contest has expired. As soon as the winner acknowledges receipt of my email, I’ll make the announcement.
Author Bio: A boomer travel and lifestyle authority who is exploring the world one activity at a time. Besides writing and publishing My Itchy Travel Feet, she also writes about boomer travel for My Well-Being Powered by Humana, Make It Missoula and is the author of My Itchy Travel Feet: Breathtaking Adventure Vacation Ideas.