I’m heading to Seattle for the very first time on Thursday. I’ll be in the city for less than 48 hours, which isn’t a lot of time to explore any major city, but I’m excited just the same. And not just because I’m a huge Grey’s Anatomy fan. Seattle has given the world so many great things, from grunge to computers to overpriced coffee. I’m excited to feel the vibe of the city for myself.
I have a short list of things I’d like to do while I’m in Seattle, including:
- Visit Nintendo headquarters (ok, that one was decided for me when Nintendo invited me out to Seattle)
- Take the requisite picture of the Space Needle
- Watch the fishmongers at Pike Place Market
- Eat fresh seafood (hopefully at Anthony’s at Pier 66)
- Ride a ferry
- Take pictures at The Seattle Art Museum’s Olympic Sculpture Park
- Checkout the fish ladder at the Hiram M. Chittenden locks
- Take a free bus ride on Metro Route 99 through downtown Seattle and Pioneer Square
Naturally these are all very “touristy” things to do, but I’m OK with that. I like to read up on insider’s city guides, but I always figure it’s safe to follow the crowd first and then make up your own mind about what’s a trap and what’s popular with good reason.
I also think it’s a good idea to take suggestions from people who have gone before you. So, what say you? What are the must-do and must-see things in Seattle?